    I looked the disc over and it did not mention whether the disc had the
    commentary tracks found on the special edition I bought.

    Can anyone tell me?

    Bernie Woodham, Mar 4, 2005

  2. Bernie Woodham

    G. M. Watson Guest

    ----------
    No, it doesn't. Bare-bones only.

    G. M. Watson, Mar 4, 2005

  3. Bernie Woodham

    Joe Blow Guest

    Piracy and illegal file sharing are doing great things that are
    beneficial to consumers...

    JB

    Joe Blow, Mar 6, 2005
  4. I really did'nt think of that... but I bet there's a lot of truth in it.

    Bernie Woodham, Mar 6, 2005
  5. Bernie Woodham

    Joe Blow Guest

    I think such reasons underly the decision years ago of music labels to
    *finally* quit cheating consumers out of the original artwork, lyric
    sheets, bios, and so forth in the CDs. I remember for years opening up
    my brand new CDs of classic albums, only to find a pathetic, lone,
    singled-sided sliver of paper showing only the original album cover.
    This was back when they were charging about $15 for CDs. It was quite
    obvious that the labels had no sense of artistic integrity, no ambition
    at all to provide music listeners with the most reasonable fascimile
    possible of the original album in CD format. They were looking to cheat
    you out of everything they possibly could until, possibly, consumers
    exercised their vote by refraining from buying. They never did.
    However, along came rampant piracy and file sharing and...voila....
    labels started putting good packages together, even adding bonus tracks
    in CD re-issues, probably in an effort to entice consumers who might
    otherwise have turned to other nefarious sources for their music. Just
    my opinion. Music labels were forced to sweeten the deal.

    JB

    Joe Blow, Mar 6, 2005
  6. Bernie Woodham

    Ray Guest

    Piracy and illegal file sharing are doing great things that are
    That may be true, but it isn't in this case.

    Raging Bull was released as a Special Edition ($29.99) and a Single Disc
    Edition ($14.95)

    Ray, Mar 13, 2005