  1. pratap

    pratap Guest

    I want to make sure about Discontinuation of MCAD,if so when?

    pratap, Apr 6, 2007

  2. Once you are certified as an MCAD and/or MCSD, you are always an MCAD and/or
    MCSD. The certification will not be discontinued.

    As for the exams themselves, Microsoft gives a one year's notice before
    discontinuing any exams.
    They have not done this for the MCAD exams yet.
    Keep watching
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.mspx to see
    when your favorite exam gets discontinued!

    Still, I would recommend that you take the required exams first:
    (70-310 or 70-320) and (70-305 or 70-306 or 70-315 or 70-316).
    That way, if the exams are discontinued any time soon [remember, it will be
    at least one year], you can still take 70-431 as your elective. Since this
    is a newer exam, it has to stay valid for at least two years before
    discontinuing, but chances are it will last much longer.

    Best wishes in your certification studies.

    LarryWestMCSD, Apr 6, 2007