    difference.

    Any and all positive suggestions will be appreciated.

    Luke

    TheStoneCrusher, Nov 14, 2006

  2. TheStoneCrusher

    Cub Guest

    By another CD dirve for the laptop, after verifying the disk that fail to
    play on the satellite WILL play on another machine

    Cub

    Cub, Nov 15, 2006

  3. TheStoneCrusher

    Whiskers Guest

    By "'factory' CD" do you mean 'commercially produced music'? If so, then
    perhaps the music discs that refuse to play on your computer have some sort
    of 'copy protection' built in that is meant to do exactly what you are
    seeing. Do they play properly on a 'normal' CD player?

    Whiskers, Nov 15, 2006
  4. I should have mentioned that I am talking about data disks. The commercially
    produced sometimes work and sometimes do not. I mean if it is commercial
    and it doesn't work - it doesn't work. Some others do.

    TheStoneCrusher, Nov 16, 2006
  5. TheStoneCrusher

    Whiskers Guest

    I don't burn CDs very often, but I have had one batch of CD-RWs that my
    burner refused to use at all. Going for well-known brands from a
    reputable shop, is the only advice I can give about that - then if there is
    a faulty batch, you can at least try to get a replacement or a refund.

    Whiskers, Nov 16, 2006