    I set the BIOS to various things from none, to CDROM and even when they show
    up correctly, they do not show up with a letter and I cannot access them.

    Any more suggestions.

    CarlO, May 13, 2005

  2. CarlO

    Aquanaut Guest

    re check the jumpers and your cabling
    An average setup would be

    IDE 1 your operating system drive set as master (on the end of the cable)
    a cd/whatever as slave on the middle of the same cable

    now boot your machine ---do you see both?---yes? then

    IDE 2 second hard set as master,other cd/whatever set as slave

    reboot---you see all?

    On a second read of your question,the size of drives you are talking of
    makes for old kit-and presumably 95 or 98--there is a limit to what size
    drive that will be recognised? is your power supply (the one in the box--not
    the wall) capable of powering all up?

    Aquanaut, May 14, 2005

  3. CarlO

    Ben Myers Guest

    Please repost with more information, including the operating
    system on the problem computer.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, May 14, 2005
  4. CarlO

    CarlO Guest

    Guess everyone is tired of hearing about my complaint and no one has a clue
    to solving my problem. Well @#$% them!

    CarlO, May 16, 2005
  5. CarlO

    Ben Myers Guest

    See if the following applies to you.

    http://powerjoe.tripod.com/noide.html

    Ben

    Ben Myers, May 16, 2005
  6. CarlO

    old jon Guest

    If you are using winXP, go into Control panel\Admin tools\Disc management
    and assign the drive a drive letter (If it shows up there, of course)..J

    old jon, May 16, 2005
  7. CarlO

    CarlO Guest

    Bless you Ben:
    Slick and Quick. Tell me, why and how is it that you were able to target the
    problem and provide a quick fix?
    Thanks.

    CarlO, May 16, 2005
  8. CarlO

    Ben Myers Guest

    I use Windows 98 and had the same thing happen to me. I could have
    just as easily been wrong. Glad you found the problem.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, May 17, 2005