Disabling WMP9's Full Screen Menu?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Slyfoot, Jun 15, 2004.

  1. Slyfoot

    Slyfoot Guest

    Hello!

    I am using Windows Media Player 9 on XP and while it works pretty well
    for me I am aggravated with the Full Screen "menu" display. You can
    set it to "always show" or "hide after a short time" but I am
    wondering if there is a way to simply disable that altogether? When I
    want to view videos in Full Screen, I want to always use the WHOLE
    SCREEN without any menu or controls if possible. I even downloaded
    TweakMP and although it does speed up hiding the menu, I have noticed
    that every now and then WMP9 will totally screw up and it won't hide
    the menu even if you manually click on the button at the top of the
    screen to hide it. When this happens I usually have to reinstall WMP9
    all over again. This is quite annoying, and I'm hoping there's a way
    to fix it.

    ~Sly

    ___
    Sam Campbell III
    Professional Dilettante
    http://www.livejournal.com/~slyfoot/

    Slyfoot, Jun 15, 2004

  2. When in fullscreen mode you'll see what looks like a pushpin. Click on it to
    unpin the menu.

    Global Thermonuclear War, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Slyfoot

    Slyfoot Guest