    touchpad on Windows 7?

    Thanks,

    John Goche

    John Goche, Oct 5, 2011

  2. Most laptops have a function key that allows you to disable the touch pad.
    These functions are accessed with the Fn key and the appropriate key on the
    top row of the laptop keyboard.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://blogs.msmvps.com/russel

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Oct 5, 2011

  3. John Goche

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    In addition to Charlie's suggestion you can also disable it in Device
    Manager.
    In my notebook I have two entries in the "Mouse and other pointing
    devices" section.
    One is for my external mouse and the other one is for the embedded
    Synaptics touchpad.
    Disable the one you don't want from there.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 5, 2011