    Sirius Guest

    Wow! Did he look the part? . . . or more likely normal . . . I guess we
    could all shoot someone given a gun and enough pressure.

    Sirius, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Sirius

    Sirius Guest

    yep it must happen a lot . . . if only they knew about usenet and how to
    look up the archives or ask a question . . . should be taught in schools
    really.

    Sirius, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Sirius

    Trent© Guest

    When a computer 'runs', it could be doing a myriad of tasks. You need
    to describe WHAT it is doing that is slow...booting up, doing seeks,
    doing searches, regular I/O stuff?

    Speed of the hard drive...refresh rate on the video...speed of the
    mainboard and/or the memory...can all make a big difference.

    Open up task manager...and see how much of your memory is
    committed...size of the swap file, etc.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Jun 26, 2004
  4. Sirius

    Sirius Guest

    Hey I was just asking about diabling ram! One or two apps seemed a bit
    slow. I did have a quick look in task manager and found nothing obvious
    and anyway I'm 430 miles away from the computer now. Ever tried
    diagnosing a problem over the phone with a computer illiterate with an
    attention span of 30 seconds at the other end??? I think I'll just buy
    some ram on ebay and fit it when I get the chance and take it from there.

    Sirius, Jun 26, 2004
  5. Sirius

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Yes. Every day of my life.

    Jim Berwick, Jun 26, 2004
  6. Sirius

    Sirius Guest

    LOL! How do you get rid of all that pent up frustration when you get home??

    Sirius, Jun 26, 2004
  7. Sirius

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

    Jim Berwick, Jun 26, 2004
  8. Sirius

    Plato Guest

    Why not? ie why not teach the current basics in schools, in the tech
    class. Hmmm, this gives me an idea.

    Plato, Jun 26, 2004
  9. Sirius

    Plato Guest

    Not at all. Seeing some movies not in the theaters for another 2 months
    was neat tho.

    Plato, Jun 26, 2004
  10. Sirius

    Trent© Guest

    He comes in here and picks on US!!! lol

    Have a nice week...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Jun 27, 2004
  11. Sirius

    Sirius Guest

    What is it about computers that makes them so difficult to get away
    from? Is there be some hidden hypnotic mind controller built into
    Windows? Some powerful pulsing subliminal message generator built into
    all monitors? A mindless compulsion to press buttons built into us? a
    cunning designer drug in the water supply? or what??

    Sirius, Jun 27, 2004
  12. Sirius

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Enemy Territory runs on Linux, FYI.

    Jim Berwick, Jun 27, 2004
  13. Sirius

    Jim Berwick Guest

    Look around for a non fileplanet link, but here is one place:
    http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/124801.shtml

    I can't imagine running a game like ET under any form of emulation.

    Jim Berwick, Jun 27, 2004
  14. I played the Windows demo of Castle Wolfenstein when it was released, and
    remember it being pretty entertaining. Where can I get the Linux version?
    IS there a Linux version, or by "runs on Linux", are you talking about
    running it under Transmeta/WINE/VMWare?

    Thanks,
    Scott Gardner

    Scott Gardner, Jun 27, 2004