    process goes in order to[not remove]but disable programs, like a antivirus
    program,etc...

    Would appreciate any and all help very much.

    Brillo, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Brillo

    °Mike° Guest

    Go into the program's options or preferences. There
    is usually an option to disable or 'snooze' an antivirus.

    °Mike°, Apr 9, 2004

  3. Brillo

    Unk Guest

    Most anti-virus programs that have task bar icons allow right-click disable.

    You can also disable programs by clicking Start, Run. In the Run box, type:
    "msconfig" (without the quotes) and press "Enter"
    Uncheck the items you don't want to start, and reboot.

    Another place is the Start, Programs, Startup folder. Temporally move those
    shortcuts to another folder. A trick I use is to create another folder in
    the Startup folder called "Removed". Move the shortcuts there, then
    right-click the "Removed" folder, select "Properties" and check the "Hidden"
    attribute. (That prevents the folder from opening on boot-up).

    Unk, Apr 9, 2004
  4. Brillo

    Brillo Guest

    PS: should've said this before but if some one does reply my server doesn't
    usually pick it up so if possible can whom ever if they can help, please
    e-mail me? the address works
    I might post the Q. one more time again with this same text any way.

    Brillo, Apr 9, 2004
  5. Brillo

    °Mike° Guest

    Good way to get ignored.