    InWIN XP, SP2 , how do I disable the popup screen to send an error report to
    Microsoft after a hang or lockup error occurs?

    Ike

    Ira Hayes, Jan 26, 2005

  2. Ira Hayes

    Brian Guest

    "Ira Hayes" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:NXOJd.11429$...
    > InWIN XP, SP2 , how do I disable the popup screen to send an error report

    > Microsoft after a hang or lockup error occurs?
    >
    > Ike

    start>>run>>type services.msc>>ok>> look for the error reporting service,
    double click it, stop the service and select start up type as
    deactivated.>>ok>>exit.

    Brian, Jan 26, 2005

  3. Ira Hayes

    Ira Hayes Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message

    > "Ira Hayes" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> InWIN XP, SP2 , how do I disable the popup screen to send an error report

    >> Microsoft after a hang or lockup error occurs?
    >>
    >> Ike
    >>

    > start>>run>>type services.msc>>ok>> look for the error reporting service,
    > double click it, stop the service and select start up type as
    > deactivated.>>ok>>exit.

    Bryan, thanks!

    Ike

    Ira Hayes, Jan 26, 2005
  4. Ira Hayes

    Morgan Pugh Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:52:03 +0100, "Brian" <> wrote:

    >start>>run>>type services.msc>>ok>> look for the error reporting service,
    >double click it, stop the service and select start up type as
    >deactivated.>>ok>>exit.

    You can also do this from Right Click My Computer -> Properties ->
    Advanced tab -> Error Reporting button -> Disable error reporting
    radio button.

    Morgan Pugh, Jan 26, 2005
  5. Ira Hayes

    Ira Hayes Guest

    "Morgan Pugh" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:52:03 +0100, "Brian" <> wrote:
    >
    >>start>>run>>type services.msc>>ok>> look for the error reporting service,
    >>double click it, stop the service and select start up type as
    >>deactivated.>>ok>>exit.
    >>

    > You can also do this from Right Click My Computer -> Properties ->
    > Advanced tab -> Error Reporting button -> Disable error reporting
    > radio button.

    That's even easier!
    Ike

    Ira Hayes, Jan 26, 2005
  6. Ira Hayes

    Morgan Pugh Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:53:05 GMT, "Ira Hayes"
    <> wrote:

    >That's even easier!
    >Ike

    Yup :)

    Thats why I posted it. There is always more than one way to do
    something, it is just finding the way which you prefer. I am not
    saying either way is better, but I do agree that the way I explained
    is more user friendly.

    Morgan Pugh, Jan 26, 2005
  7. Ira Hayes

    need_computer_help

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    microsoft sending error report messages

    I am new to this site so please bear with me...For the past week it seems like my computer keeps shutting itself out of what i'm doing and giving me this gray pop-up box that says Microsoft has some type of error, and to either choose to send an error report or not to send it...no matter which one you pick, it automatically shuts you out of whatever you were doing anyway. I have seen this before, but recently this is becoming ridiculous. It happens the most when i'm on Myspace(which is probably where I contracted this to begin with...Myspace is loaded with so many problems). Which means I have to repeatedly keep signing back on and trying to find where I just was and proceed again, only to be shut off a few minutes later. What might be causing this...and how the hell do I get rid of this...this is so damn aggravating!!! I have Windows 2000 Professional. Thanks for any help you can give me. And also, since I am not the most computer literate by any means, whatever the simplest instructuons someone can give the better...anything too technical and i'll probably screw something more up trying to fix it.

    need_computer_help, Aug 21, 2006