    couldn't figure it out.

    Thanks,
    Ranjit

    Ranjit, Jan 22, 2006

  2. Ranjit wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any way to disable the *viewing* of password in plain text
    > under Privacy->view saved passwords->show passwords.
    > I tried to see if any of the setting in about:config can help me, but
    > couldn't figure it out.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ranjit

    If you wish to hide your passwords from someone with access to your
    computer, then perforce you will have to adopt a Master Password. Then,
    without the Master Password, a person cannot access the passwords - but
    you will have to enter it every session of course as well.

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jan 22, 2006

  3. Ranjit

    Ranjit Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Ranjit wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is there any way to disable the *viewing* of password in plain text
    >> under Privacy->view saved passwords->show passwords.
    >> I tried to see if any of the setting in about:config can help me, but
    >> couldn't figure it out.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Ranjit
    >>

    > If you wish to hide your passwords from someone with access to your
    > computer, then perforce you will have to adopt a Master Password. Then,
    > without the Master Password, a person cannot access the passwords - but
    > you will have to enter it every session of course as well.

    Thanks Dan.
    Right now I do the same but was figuring out if there is a way to
    disable the *feature* altogether.

    Ranjit, Jan 22, 2006
  4. Ranjit

    gwtc Guest

    Ranjit wrote:

    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >>Ranjit wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>Is there any way to disable the *viewing* of password in plain text
    >>>under Privacy->view saved passwords->show passwords.
    >>>I tried to see if any of the setting in about:config can help me, but
    >>>couldn't figure it out.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>Ranjit
    >>>

    >>If you wish to hide your passwords from someone with access to your
    >>computer, then perforce you will have to adopt a Master Password. Then,
    >>without the Master Password, a person cannot access the passwords - but
    >>you will have to enter it every session of course as well.

    > Thanks Dan.
    > Right now I do the same but was figuring out if there is a way to
    > disable the *feature* altogether.

    Yeah, there is a way, its called "Don't use that feature"

    gwtc, Jan 23, 2006
  5. Ranjit

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ranjit wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Ranjit wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way to disable the *viewing* of password in plain text
    >>> under Privacy->view saved passwords->show passwords.
    >>> I tried to see if any of the setting in about:config can help me, but
    >>> couldn't figure it out.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Ranjit
    >>>

    >> If you wish to hide your passwords from someone with access to your
    >> computer, then perforce you will have to adopt a Master Password. Then,
    >> without the Master Password, a person cannot access the passwords - but
    >> you will have to enter it every session of course as well.

    > Thanks Dan.
    > Right now I do the same but was figuring out if there is a way to
    > disable the *feature* altogether.

    How about using a secure, password-protected Windows user account for
    you and a separate user account for any others who use your computer?
    Then you'd only have to enter a password when you start the computer,
    not every time you restart TB during a Windows session.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 24, 2006