    parity checking of some portion of the RAM or SDRAM? Of the floppy?
    Of the flash memory? parity checking over a serial link such as
    a T1? Parity checking for communications via the console port?

    Walter Roberson, Jan 15, 2004

  2. :parity checking on SDRAM (not onboard RAM)
    :is possible to disable it?

    What router? Some of the models are doing ECC with single bit
    correction already, in hardware. If you are having memory errors
    then turning off checking would almost certainly result in incorrect
    operations [if it could be done at all.]

    [Hmmm -- are you the person that recently had the 2501 with a memory error
    in the first block of memory, in the section of memory soldered in?]

    Walter Roberson, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Walter Roberson

    Max Guest

    I need to disable parity checking on cisco can I do this?

    thanks
    Maciek

    Max, Jan 15, 2004