    a dial tone.........and then dial out on another trunk.

    I've followed instructions for Asterisk, however, the Asterisk Management
    Portal doesn't seem to cope (or is it me?)

    The Cable Guy, Jun 10, 2005

  2. The Cable Guy

    JuliusP Guest

    You can make an extension such as 1234567890, which if matched, takes
    you into another context that allows you to dial out

    [inbound-pin]
    exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,5
    exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout,5
    exten => s,3,Background(silence/1)
    exten => 1234567890,Goto(new-context,s,1)
    exten => t,1,Hangup
    exten => i,1,Hangup

    [new-context]
    exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,5
    exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout,5
    exten => s,3,Background(silence/1)
    exten => _0.,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@<some-provider-profile)
    exten => t,1,Hangup
    exten => i,1,Hangup

    This is direct from config files, so not sure what you need for the web
    GUI

    JuliusP, Jun 11, 2005

  3. The Cable Guy

    Ian Guest

    Hi

    Once you want to do the more complex dialplans then it may be worth sticking
    to vi and the command line.

    Here is the way i dial out FYI.
    The passwords and CLI number is held in a database, so access can be tightly
    controlled, using the accountcode means a cdr record is created for that
    account.

    ;password system

    exten => 567,1,Answer ; Answer the line
    exten => 567,2,DBget(passkey=auth_user/${CALLERIDNUM})
    exten => 567,3,Authenticate(${passkey})
    exten => 567,4,SetAccount(${CALLERIDNUM})
    exten => 567,5,Goto(ivr,s,1)

    [ivr]

    exten => s,1,Background(please_choose)
    exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,5
    exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,15

    ;Option1 allows outdialing

    exten => 1,1,Goto(ivr_dial,s,1)

    ;Option2 goes to vmail

    exten => 2,1,Goto(demo,1571,1)

    ;Option3 reads last two numbers then goes to vmail

    exten => 3,1, DBget(num=called/99) ;sets spnum to be the required bin number
    exten => 3,2, SetVar(count=1.000000)
    exten => 3,3, DBget(cnum=called/${num})
    exten => 3,4, Playback(beep)
    exten => 3,5, SayDigits(${cnum})
    exten => 3,6, GotoIf($[${num} = 1.000000]?998)
    exten => 3,7, Math(num,${num}-1)
    exten => 3,8, Math(count,${count}+1)
    exten => 3,9, GotoIf($[${count} < 3.000000]?3)
    exten => 3,10, Goto(demo,1571,1)
    exten => 3,998,SetVar(num=10.000000)
    exten => 3,999,Goto(3)

    exten => 9,1,Goto(demo,s,1)

    ;Option0 Goes back to the begining

    exten => 0,1,Goto(ivr,s,1)
    exten => t,1,hangup
    exten => i,1,Goto(s,1)

    [ivr_dial]

    include => international
    exten => s,1,Background(please_dial)
    exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,5
    exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,15

    exten => t,1,hangup
    exten => i,1,Goto(s,1)

    Hope it will give you an idea of what is possible
    Ian

    Ian, Jun 12, 2005
  4. JuliusP wrote:
    || You can make an extension such as 1234567890, which if matched, takes
    || you into another context that allows you to dial out
    || [inbound-pin]
    || exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,5
    || exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout,5
    || exten => s,3,Background(silence/1)
    || exten => 1234567890,Goto(new-context,s,1)
    || exten => t,1,Hangup
    || exten => i,1,Hangup
    || [new-context]
    || exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,5
    || exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout,5
    || exten => s,3,Background(silence/1)
    || exten => _0.,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@<some-provider-profile)
    || exten => t,1,Hangup
    || exten => i,1,Hangup
    || This is direct from config files, so not sure what you need for the
    || web GUI

    Thanks for your input. It looks like another weekend's gonna be used up!

    The Cable Guy, Jun 13, 2005
  5. Ian" <spam"AT wrote:
    ||| I am struggling to set up an inbound number that I can enter a PIN
    ||| to obtain a dial tone.........and then dial out on another trunk.
    ||| I've followed instructions for Asterisk, however, the Asterisk
    ||| Management Portal doesn't seem to cope (or is it me?)
    || Hi
    || Once you want to do the more complex dialplans then it may be worth
    || sticking to vi and the command line.
    || Here is the way i dial out FYI.
    || The passwords and CLI number is held in a database, so access can be
    || tightly controlled, using the accountcode means a cdr record is
    || created for that account.
    <snipped but saved & not ignored>

    || Hope it will give you an idea of what is possible
    || Ian

    Hi Ian,

    I (think) I knew what was possible............except I'm finding this bit
    IMpossible :)

    Changing the subject, how would I prefix an incoming SIP Caller ID with a
    single digit. I want 01132345678 to show up on my CID as 901132345678 - so
    that I can dial it easily.

    I've been able to do this easily on my PSTN line as I'm using a Sipura
    SPA3000 which is able to add the prefix.

    The Cable Guy, Jun 13, 2005
  6. The Cable Guy

    Ian Guest

    well

    SetCallerID(9${CALLERIDNUM})

    seems to work Ok, you could also try SetCIDNum but even though it sets the
    number internally the sets still display it with out the 9

    Ian

    Ian, Jun 13, 2005
  7. Hmm, I should've paid more attention during the foreign language
    lessons.............

    Do I do this from the Command line?

    The Cable Guy, Jun 13, 2005
  8. The Cable Guy

    Ian Guest

    Ah these gui users ;-)

    The line needs to be added to the context for the incoming call in the
    extensions.conf so it looks similar to this.

    exten => ${sipgate},1,SetCallerID(9${CALLERIDNUM})
    exten => ${sipgate},2,Dial(SIP/phone17,30,t,r)
    exten => ${sipgate},3,Voicemail(u2204)
    exten => ${sipgate},102,voicemail(b2204)
    exten => ${sipgate},103,Hangup

    so you will need to edit the file with vi or what ever editor you use when
    connecting to the box via putty or what ever SSH client you are using.

    Ian

    Ian, Jun 13, 2005
  9. Ian" <spam"AT wrote:
    || |||
    ||| "Ian" <spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk> wrote in message
    ||| ||||
    ||| Hmm, I should've paid more attention during the foreign language
    ||| lessons.............
    ||| Do I do this from the Command line?
    || Ah these gui users ;-)
    Hehe. Trouble is, I've got it to a point, following lots of work, where it's
    doing what I want it to do. I can't face the transition to [email protected]
    version.

    || The line needs to be added to the context for the incoming call in
    || the extensions.conf so it looks similar to this.
    || exten => ${sipgate},1,SetCallerID(9${CALLERIDNUM})
    || exten => ${sipgate},2,Dial(SIP/phone17,30,t,r)
    || exten => ${sipgate},3,Voicemail(u2204)
    || exten => ${sipgate},102,voicemail(b2204)
    || exten => ${sipgate},103,Hangup
    || so you will need to edit the file with vi or what ever editor you
    || use when connecting to the box via putty or what ever SSH client you
    || are using.
    || Ian

    Putty is not something which I relate to computers!

    I think I know what you mean......I'll let you know.

    The Cable Guy, Jun 13, 2005