    when installing this MS update solved the absence of some DX dlls.
    Vista and XP x64 compatible.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 28, 2007

  2. Guest

    Kue2 Guest

    Carlos
    What is the path(directory) to install DirectX End-User Runtimes (Aug 2007)
    in Vista 64?

    Thks.

    Kue2, Jul 28, 2007

  3. Guest

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    Don't worry about. The setup program will put the files in the right
    place no matter what version of Windows that you are using. As Carlos
    said, these minor DirectX updates are rarely needed.

    jabloomf1230, Jul 29, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Kue2:
    The path asked by the installer is just for extraction.
    It does not ask for the installation path.
    It will take care by itself later on with no "human" intervention.
    I can't recall which games were packed without the necessary dll's, but
    there were definitely two of them that would not run.
    Installing this pack solved it.
    The good thing about this distribution is that it requieres no reboot.
    Just launch it, keep doing your tasks, and wait for it to finish.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 29, 2007
  5. Guest

    Kue2 Guest