    directx_9c_Aug05sdk_redist.exe.
    In compatability list of these files my OS was present.
    The question is where to get DirectX 9.0c or final for AMD 2x64.

    Guest, Aug 28, 2005

  2. The final version WinXPX64 ships with DirectX 9.0c. Your build number
    clearly indicates that you're using a beta version. Upgrade to the RTM
    to get the newest version of DirectX.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Aug 28, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    What Is the latest build of WinXPx64?
    Can I update my OS using Internet?
    Why are distributions mentioned do not solve my problem?
    Does Volume Edition of WinXPx64 ship with DirectX 9.0c?
    I have a disc with Volume Edition It contains unexpanded files
    (d3d9.dll v5.3.3790.1830).
    Can I Upgrade my OS using this CD without reinstalling all drivers?

    Guest, Aug 28, 2005
  4. Guest

    DKI Guest

    Those files mentioned below are for developers only and not for home users
    directx_9c_Feb05sdk_redist.exe,
    directx_9c_Apr05sdk_redist.exe,
    directx_9c_Jun05sdk_redist.exe,
    directx_9c_Aug05sdk_redist.exe.

    This file mentioned below is the standalone version for 32bit versions of
    Windows from Windows XP SP1 to Windows 98,
    directx_9c_redist.exe

    XPSP2 ships with DX9C as does as does Server 2003 with SP1 and XP Pro X64
    and server 2003 X64

    Yes the Volume Licience Edition contains DX9C but only customers like
    companies can get that version and home users should only have the OEM
    version only.

    You can purchess a licienced copy from a computer store that sells OEM
    software or online from a ligimate source and best to check it out before
    you do.

    DKI, Aug 28, 2005
  5. Guest

    Colin Nowell Guest

    I'm quite not sure what you are trying to suggest here but the OEM version
    of WinXP x64 Edition that I legitimately purchased as a =home user= building
    his own equipment (i.e. the OEM is ME!), definitely comes with DirectX v9.0c
    built in...

    Not sure why you make the distinction since ANY home user can purchase the
    OEM version from a supplier at any time as long as they buy a qualifying
    purchase at the same time (typically a hard drive is usually enough...).

    Colin

    Colin Nowell, Aug 28, 2005
  6. Guest

    DKI Guest

    Not sure why you make the distinction since ANY home user can purchase the
    OEM version from a supplier at any time as long as they buy a qualifying
    purchase at the same time (typically a hard drive is usually enough...).

    Well yes thats what i was implying. It did come out a little wrong. Thanks
    fot the correction

    DKI, Aug 29, 2005