    The nearest utility I could find is the tree.exe command but it doesn't
    include the size and NTFS permission. Is there any utility that can help me
    on this. Your help would be very much appreciated.

    Guan Foo Wah, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Guan Foo Wah

    Dragon Guest

    Hyena is your best friend here. You can get all of the required information
    and more from it with a single click. I was able to simply right click on
    the folder in Hyena and get all the info you asked for. (including
    subfolders and files).

    http://www.systemtools.com/hyena/

    Dragon, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Guan Foo Wah

    Rick Guest

    I just looked through my Windows 2000 Command reference and did not see any
    easy way of doing this without a script. NetIQ makes a product that is does
    directory / permission auditing as you have been asked.

    Rick

    Rick, Aug 17, 2004
  4. Guan Foo Wah

    fygar Guest

    you could try from a command prompt:

    dir c: /S > files.txt

    I think that will at least get you close to what you are asking for
    free.

    ....butch(uses DOS every day)

    fygar, Aug 17, 2004
  5. Guan Foo Wah

    Guan Foo Wah Guest

    Hi,

    I have downloaded Hyena 6.0 trail version and I was only able to view it on
    the screen. I am not able to export it to a file. Am I missing something?

    Guan Foo Wah, Aug 17, 2004
  6. Guan Foo Wah

    Guan Foo Wah Guest

    Hi,

    I tried NetIQ file security administrator. Seems like it works. I was hoping
    it is able to display in a tree like format but I guess this will do. You
    have save me from weeks of trouble and thank you very very very much.

    Guan Foo Wah, Aug 17, 2004
  7. Guan Foo Wah

    Rick Guest

    Happy to help

    Rick

    Rick, Aug 17, 2004
  8. Guan Foo Wah

    Dragon Guest

    In Hyena:

    Expand the Workstation in question:
    Go to Drive/Folder and Right Click
    Select More Functions -> NTFS Security
    Select 'Selected Objects and All directory contents....'
    Check Show Object Owner
    Uncheck 'Show object owners only' and 'View Directories Only'
    Click OK
    You now have a list in the right Pan

    Select 'Run Report' from the Tools Menu
    Give it a Report Name
    Data Source: All Items in List Window
    Click OK

    Hyena will export the data into an Access Database and create/open a report
    for you. A beautiful looking report. You also have the data available in
    Access so you can format it however you want.

    Happy Days

    Minor Detailed Dragon

    Dragon, Aug 17, 2004