    Does X-Lite 3 allow direct IP calls? If not, what SIP client do you
    recommend?

    Thank you.

    Vincent Delporte, Oct 9, 2006

  2. I hope neither of you is behind NAT, or you'll have problems aplenty...
    X-Lite 2? ;-)

    SJphone (http://www.sjlabs.com/sjp.html ) does support direct IP calls, and
    is one of the few available also in a version for PocketPC/WM5 (also free).
    The setup is a little unfriendly, but it works well.

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Oct 9, 2006

  3. A pair of Grandstream Budgetone's works well enough for direct calls.
    (Either by using something like Pulver's FreeWorldDialup proxy
    http://www.freeworlddialup.com/ or dialing the IP directly using the
    phone's IP dialing mode.) These phones even look like phones so folks
    aren't too put off by it. Sound quality is much better than any
    softphone or POTS phone I've tried. Softphones all seem to have
    dropouts and stutters while hardware sip phone seem to have the
    dedicated cpu cycles when they need them. The phones tend to hover
    around $60 each mailorder.

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Oct 9, 2006
  4. Thx guys for the info. It appears that X-Lite supports direct IP
    calling. Just do NOT register with server, make sure both hosts allow
    incoming packets on UDP 5060-5061 so they can see each other, and
    create accounts so you can dial "[email protected]".

    Vincent Delporte, Oct 9, 2006
  5. Vincent Delporte

    inge

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can you clarify how you configured X-Lite 3.x without SIP account to be able to make a direct IP call? I have managed with SJPhone but I can not find the way to do it with X-Lite 3.x.

    inge, Nov 7, 2009