DIMi back online and competition reminder

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wayne J. Cosshall, Jun 8, 2007.

  1. Hi All,

    DIMi was offline for some 3 days with an issue at the hosting company.
    Needless to say I am not happy and will be looking to move the hosting.

    Anyway, a reminder that there are two competitions active this month:
    The Lensbaby selective focus competition
    http://www.dimagemaker.com/comps/lensbaby.php
    and the ThinkTank Photo Long Exposure Landscape competition http://
    www.dimagemaker.com/comps/thinktank/june07.php

    Anyone who emailed me in the last 3 days or so might want to do it again.

    Cheers,

    Wayne
    --
    Wayne J. Cosshall
    Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography

    Wayne J. Cosshall, Jun 8, 2007

  2. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Smeegol Guest

    "No manipulation beyond normal 'darkroom' exposure, contrast and color
    adjustment, dodging and burning, etc, is allowed. In the case of a
    dispute, the judges' decision on this matter is final."

    This should have been included in your last landscape contets when that
    cheat won by manipulating 2 photos to create a landscape that didn't
    exist in real life.

    Smeegol, Jun 9, 2007

  3. Wayne J. Cosshall

    gerrit Guest

    The guy did NOT cheat!

    1 The rules allowed what he did.
    2 He told the judges what he had done.
    3 The judges knowing what he did still awarded the win to him.

    So don't blame the guy. Blame the judges or Wayne.

    Gerrit

    gerrit, Jun 9, 2007
  4. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Alan K. Guest

    As I've stated before I agree with your general sentiment, though I'm
    not sure I'd go so far as to say "cheat" since it WAS within the
    rules, if not the (predominantly) perceived spirit of the exercise.

    But to be fair, I think that Wayne's taken the "prevailing mood" into
    account in formulating the current rules; there's not much point
    rubbing his nose in something that he can't go back in time and undo.

    Alan K., Jun 9, 2007
  5. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Smeegol Guest

    If the guy had scruples he would have participated in the spirit of the
    competition.
    If the judges had scruples they would not have deemed that piece of crud
    the winner.

    Smeegol, Jun 9, 2007