    well does it work.

    Thanks in advance,

    Willy

    William Boehnke, Aug 5, 2004

  2. William Boehnke

    Bill Haywood Guest

    Minolta has owners manuals available for download on their site.

    Bill Haywood, Aug 6, 2004

  3. William Boehnke, Aug 9, 2004
  4. William Boehnke

    gmr2048 Guest

    gmr2048, Aug 10, 2004
  5. Thanks for the link. I received the following reply (pasted below)
    from KM confirming the lack of pixel mapping in the Z3. This may
    cause me to drop the Z3 from consideration. Anybody care to weigh in
    on the necessity of pixel mapping?

    What are the comparable models that do have pixel mapping?

    Thanks again,

    Willy

    From: "Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A. Inc." <>
    Subject: Konica Minolta's INTERACTIVE Q&A
    Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:40:52 -0400

    Dear Customer,
    Question is : Does the Z3 have a pixel mapping feature? If not, how is
    it recommended to compensate for inevitable dead/hot/stuck pixels?

    Answer is : The Dimage Z3 does not have a pixel mapping feature.

    ***This mailbox is for outgoing correspondence only.
    We're sorry but responses to this email will not be answered.
    However, if you have further questions, please click here
    or return to the http://www.minoltausa.com site, choose Cameras +
    Accessories, Support, Interactive Q&A.
    Thank you.

    William Boehnke, Aug 11, 2004
  6. When they say it doesn't have pixel mapping do they mean for the end user or
    not at all, even for their service people?
    The only cams I know of that have end-user pixel mapping as a feature are
    the Olympus C7xx series and possibly other Olympus cams...
    There is conjecture that the Minolta A1/A2 models have an auto update pixel
    mapping routine once per month.
    I have to agree that it is an important feature - one of the reasons that I
    bought my Oly C770. OTOH now that I have seen no need to use it so far I
    think I might be persuaded to exchange the pixel mapping feature of the 770
    for the image stabiliser of the Z3 - much more useful IMHO...
    Sigh - I don't think there will ever be a perfect camera for me - there's
    always plusses & minuses... :)

    angryofmayfair, Aug 12, 2004