    did a quick check for them and didn't see it, although it was probably
    glaring back at me.

    It's a model 200ARC.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 3, 2005

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    SgtMinor Guest

    On some Gateways it's the Fn F8 key combo. (Fn F7 to decrease.)

    SgtMinor, Sep 3, 2005

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Also, many laptops auto-dim on batteries to save power. Rôgêr didn't say if
    it was plugged in or not.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 3, 2005
  4. It could be, but wan't the way they were trying it. Can you go into
    Power Manglement and fix it to be bright even if it's not plugged in?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 3, 2005
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    SgtMinor Guest

    Maybe Rôgêr's auto-dim function kicked in too.

    SgtMinor, Sep 3, 2005
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Probably not in power management, but maybe in the BIOS settings. At least,
    that's how the Dell I used was. Also, there may be configuration utilities
    installed, although not as likely.

    I would guess that the keyboard Fn combination is possibly the only place
    you can set the brightness. Usually, it's indicated by a small 'sun' type
    icon on a function key. On my Sony, I use the Fn-F5 to increase brightness,
    and Shift-Fn-F5 to decrease.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 3, 2005
  7. Borrowed the computer a little longer and found the key combination,
    it's obvious now that I know what it is. Thanks for the assist guys.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 3, 2005
  8. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    willis100

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Just to add, that combination is Fn and the up and down arrows.

    willis100, Nov 10, 2007