  1. Knowledge

    The whore Guest

    Looks like your groups got shit-canned, Clyde.

    The whore, Jan 28, 2007

  2. Knowledge

    Pennywise Guest

    Big thick book? I've read that one and used it a lot (loaned/lost it)
    - I miss having it around.

    The /K switch would be for 7 (Guessing) or above. - and as mention'd
    most likely only used for NT OS's

    It keeps the CMD window open (to retain information that's listed by
    the command run), lots easier than talking someone thru opening a DOS
    window - then how to use it.

    C:\temp>cmd /?
    Starts a new instance of the Windows XP command interpreter

    CMD [/A | /U] [/Q] [/D] [/E:ON | /E:OFF] [/F:ON | /F:OFF] [/V:ON |
    /V:OFF]
    [[/S] [/C | /K] string]

    /C Carries out the command specified by string and then
    terminates
    /K Carries out the command specified by string but remains
    /S Modifies the treatment of string after /C or /K (see below)
    /Q Turns echo off
    <Pages of stuff snip'd>

    Pennywise, Jan 28, 2007

  3. Knowledge

    Knowledge Guest

    Well thanks Penny,

    I've tried everything. I even had Charter give me the steps to power
    cycle my modem and router. That didn't help either.

    So for now I'm stuck with having to type in the numerical address to
    get there.

    If I were truly blocked, I don't think that would work either. so
    There is probably something inside this thing that I've missed.

    I'll rest up and try again tomorrow.

    Oh yes,

    Is the AVG "Resident Shield" the same thing as a "firewall?"

    I had it and Kerio personal firewall running together. When I
    rebooted, AVG started up, but Kerio didn't I know it is not good to
    run two firewall's at the same time. I'm just not sure about "AVG"

    Peace

    www.tryfrutavida.com/2283012

    www.frutavida.com/2283012

    Listen to her and be humanized! Bev Smith streaming!
    The most ultra conservative person on Earth.
    "http://www.waok.com" or "http://www.wjld1400.com"
    From 1800 until 2100 Monday through Friday

    Listen to the King of Talk and the Emperor of talk nightly from 1800 until 2359 on:
    www.1230thebuzz.com

    http://www.telebay.com/7777

    http://theblogpicture.blogspot.com/

    Knowledge, Jan 28, 2007
  4. Knowledge

    I eat worms Guest

    For Christ's sake..

    Your DNS server is broken, put in a public one for now.

    I eat worms, Jan 28, 2007
  5. Knowledge

    Knowledge Guest

    OK,

    Whose responsibility is to get a new one? Mine? Or my ISP's?

    Knowledge, Jan 28, 2007
  6. Knowledge

    Knowledge Guest

    Eureka!!

    After a couple of hours on the phone with Eric 12231, Dell rep in
    Texas, he finally found the problem of why I couldn't get to Google.

    Something had gotten into my "HOST FILE" and pointed over 100 sites
    towards my computer.

    He worked and worked for over two hours, until he finally figured out
    what was going on. He had me boot up in "Safe mode with networking"
    and then he went into Windows\system32\ where he found the host file
    and modified it. He said he also deleted over 100 entries that were
    erroneous. Now Google works as it should again.

    Apparently a mean Trojan, or spyware got passed my security somehow
    and was trying to wreak havoc on my machine.

    Here is the link he gave me to the site that explains what a host file
    does. PennyWise said she used one this morning, but not knowing what
    it meant, I didn't pay much attention to that post. So she was very
    close to giving me the right answer.

    I don't think I would have ever figured this one out by myself. :)

    Gesundheit!!

    Finalmente! Tutto e post nel mio mondo! :)

    Thanks to everyone for the help they rendered.

    Peace

    Knowledge, Jan 29, 2007
  7. Knowledge

    Knowledge Guest

    Yes! I'm going out again in a few minutes. That will be my fourth trip
    today, running nude with an American flag, and shouting "Usenet Rocks"
    :)

    Knowledge, Jan 29, 2007