    am having problems wadeing through all the cameras out there to find
    one that matches my criteria. can anybody advise on what is available
    please.

    richard.ellis7, Nov 3, 2007

  2. richard.ellis7

    Pat Guest

    I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean that you
    need to connect an "external lens"? Do you mean that you need to
    replace the lens with a different one -- like an SLR in photography --
    or that you need to connect the camera to another camera and use the
    camera as just a recorder -- in which case you might do better just
    buying a dedicated recorder.

    In any case, check www.bhphotovideo.com and you'll see what generally
    available. However, it seems to me that your budget might be a little
    low.

    Pat, Nov 3, 2007

  3. ? <> ?????? ??? ??????
    i am wanting to purchase a dv video camera and have a budget of
    between £200 and £300. my main requirement is analouge in or video in
    connections as i require to connect an external lens and microphone. i
    am having problems wadeing through all the cameras out there to find
    one that matches my criteria. can anybody advise on what is available
    please.

    I don't really understand what you want-do you want a camcorder with
    external mic input(these are at the higher end-maybe above 500 euros), but
    why, since all good camcorders have excellent stereo mics and can record cd
    quality sound.If you mean an A/V input, so that you use the camcorder as an
    ADC (Analogue to Digital Converter)so you may convert a VHS cassete to DVD,
    then that's a different story, most good mini DV camcorders have that.What
    do you mean by external lens?
    HTH,

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Nov 4, 2007
  4. If there is ambient noise, the on-camera mikes pick that up also. A
    remote mike on a cable, or a wireless mike, picks up speaker with much
    less noise than on-camera mikes.

    If you mean an A/V input, so that you use the camcorder as an

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Nov 5, 2007
  5. If there is ambient noise, the on-camera mikes pick that up also. A

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Nov 5, 2007
  6. If there is ambient noise, the on-camera mikes pick that up also. A

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Nov 5, 2007
  7. my requirement is to use the camera mainly as a point and shoot to
    capture family video etc but the analouge in is to attach a remote
    lens and mic so the camera cn be mounted inboard in safety in the f2
    sidecar i race and the external lens can be mounted on the fairing and
    the mike near the exhaust. hope this makes my requirements and usage
    more clear. i have decided on mini dv due to the vibrations on the
    sidecar which may cause a dvd or hard drive to jump. thought about
    just a recorder but want to use the camera for family stuff too.

    richard.ellis7, Nov 6, 2007