    fine mechanics in short order.

    Your opinion?

    /s

    S. Miller, Oct 2, 2003

  2. S. Miller

    Robertwgross Guest

    No problem, and it is not violence!

    Canon has been making its EOS cameras do exactly that way for a long time now.
    The operator can hear the built-in flash pop up. Just don't get the bill of
    your baseball cap in the way or else you will get an error message.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Oct 2, 2003

  3. S. Miller

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    And people would have more and better pictures of skittish animals if
    they didn't. Everything about my 10D is violent; the pop-up flash, the
    shutter and mirror make so much noise that animals 30 to 50 feet away
    twitch and sometimes scoot when I take a picture.
    I have started to turn my cap backwards with my 550EX, out of necessity.
    I assume most people would think it's a fashion statement.

    JPS, Oct 6, 2003
  4. And people would have more and better pictures of skittish animals if
    The 10D is now violent? Jeez!

    I don't think the flash popping up is violent, and mirror noise is
    certainly less than most film cameras.

    Randall Ainsworth, Oct 6, 2003
  5. S. Miller

    Chris Brown Guest

    Indeed. I have an old OM20 that I play with using B&W for fun sometimes, and
    the resounding "THUNK" from the mirror in that makes my 10D sound
    whisper-quiet in comparison.

    Chris Brown, Oct 6, 2003
  6. S. Miller

    JPS Guest

    In message <061020030718396641%>,
    That's no excuse. It could be a lot better, but they know people like
    you are nice, sedate sheep who will take what they are given without
    complaint.

    JPS, Oct 7, 2003
  7. S. Miller

    Ed E. Guest

    Do any other Digital Rebel owners feel that their flash opens up with a
    bit
    YES! It scared the hell out of me the first time it automatically popped
    up. I thought I got hit with a baseball or something.

    My cure was a 420EX. It doesn't do that goofy strobe thing when it's trying
    to focus in low light, either.

    Ed E., Oct 7, 2003
  8. That's no excuse. It could be a lot better, but they know people like
    I've only been doing photography for 37 years and have used just about
    every piece of equipment out there. There is nothing 'violent' about
    any camera that I've ever seen. Maybe you should stop sitting down
    when you pee.

    Randall Ainsworth, Oct 7, 2003
  9. S. Miller

    Ray Fischer Guest

    If you don't like then buy a different camera.

    Simple.

    Ray Fischer, Oct 8, 2003
  10. S. Miller

    Jose S Guest

    I must admit that the flash abruply springs out like an excited piece of
    bread popping out of a new toaster. Part of the problem is that Canon
    designed the flash to stand taller that normal - de "arms' holding are long
    and the moment of inertia high. The fact that the body is plastic only
    helps amlify the aruptness feeling. I use the flash only infrequently -
    when I really need it I usually put a 420EX in like the other poster. With
    the ISO 800 setting being so low noise, I can usually get away with ho
    flash at all.

    Hey, for $899, how much more can you expect? The camera is otherwise
    awesome! Even the cheap 18-55 EFs lens impress me - I am using those more
    often than my 28-135 IS lens.

    Jose S, Oct 11, 2003