    clw Guest

    Will this software work on every type of slide film, eg, kodachrome,
    ektachrome, fugi etc.

    clw, Oct 1, 2004

  2. Digital ICE is not only software - it uses IR light also
    in order to detect dust and scratches. And yes - it should
    work with any dye based films. Not on the silver based
    B&W films though. Silver stops IR light.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Oct 1, 2004

  3. clw

    Tony Guest

    APS, the maker of ICE claims it does not work with Kodachrome, but my
    experience has been just the opposite. Kodachromes do need some colour
    correction in my scanner, but they need that whether the ICE is on or off.
    All other slide film, CN film, and C41 process B/W film works with ICE.
    Standard B/W film does not.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Oct 1, 2004
  4. clw

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: clw
    Typically has problems with black-white negs and Kodachromes, works fine with
    the E-6 color slide films though.

    Bill Hilton, Oct 1, 2004