Digital cameras have unique "noise" fingerprints

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hans-Georg Michna, Apr 23, 2006.

  1. Hans-Georg Michna, Apr 23, 2006

  2. Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Apr 23, 2006

  3. Hans-Georg Michna

    pbdelete Guest

    They can proberbly reduce the _majority_ of noise with a generic modell.
    However that doesn't say that the remaining noise pattern is unique to
    every instance of camera. Such that it can be used to identify the camera.

    pbdelete, Apr 23, 2006
  4. Hans-Georg Michna

    Celcius Guest

    Hans,
    I would be leary of a reference on a site called Boing Boing. It
    doesn'r sound serious ;-))))
    Just kidding of course.
    Marcel

    Celcius, Apr 23, 2006
  5. Hans-Georg Michna

    J. Clarke Guest

    "Yahoo" didn't seem very serious at first. Neither did "google".

    "Catchy" names are sometimes better than "serious" names in maintaining
    market awareness.

    J. Clarke, Apr 23, 2006
  6. Hans-Georg Michna

    Don Stauffer Guest

    Don Stauffer, Apr 23, 2006
  7. Hans-Georg Michna

    2 Guest

    Yes. I wonder how many don't realize that a lot of printers have an
    intentional, invisible manufacturer and serial number embedded in the image.

    2, Apr 23, 2006
  8. Marcel,

    hehe, so true!

    But I think they only cited some other article anyway.

    Hans-Georg

    Hans-Georg Michna, Apr 24, 2006