    card.

    Question is, how accurate is the white balance and colors in your point and
    shoot camera? Do you ever use a gray card?

    bbford, Apr 23, 2006

  2. bbford

    secheese Guest

    Not bad at all most of the time.
    Yes.

    secheese, Apr 23, 2006

  3. bbford

    Pete Guest

    I have a Canon 20D. Most of the time when shooting outdoors I use auto
    white balance. However, when shooting indoors I use a white card.
    Almost always this brings the colors right on. I always shoot the white
    card for the lighting I am using. If available light then I shoot the
    white card using available light. If flash I shoot it with my flash,
    but don't change your flash settings after you shoot the white card or
    it will throw off the white balance.

    Pete, Apr 23, 2006
  4. bbford

    Randy Howard Guest

    Pete wrote
    (in article
    I use one of these, indoors or out, and it makes a big
    difference over the camera settings, and it's easy. Just shoot
    an extra frame at the start or end of each string in the same
    light.

    www.whibal.com

    Randy Howard, Apr 23, 2006