Digital Camera to TV with Scart

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Guvenc Gulce, Jun 15, 2004.

  1. Guvenc Gulce

    Guvenc Gulce Guest

    Hi All,
    I recently got Sony DSC-P93 and I am very satisfied
    with the camera so far (As I am just a very amateur photographer
    and I dont have high expectations from the camera)

    I have two questions regarding camera and digital photos.
    I hope you guys can help me.

    1-) There was a A/V Cable included in the box of DSC-P93 but
    the cable is a bit weird. As the TV-Input part of the cable
    has two jacks and my TV doesnt have any socket suitable for these
    two jacks. It has only a scart input so what can I do in this case ?
    shall buy I a new TV or is there any kind of adapter that I use
    between the scart connection and these two jacks. If so, could you
    please point me the exact name, picture of this adapter in the net ?

    2-) It is a 5M camera but I just want pictures printed on postcard
    size cards. What happens if I take pictures with 1M and print it on
    a postcard and 5M and print it on a postcard ? Can I recognize any
    difference with bare eyes ? which M you guys would advice for postcard
    size ?

    I hope these questions make sense, as I am totally beginner in
    digital photographing..

    Thanks

    Guvenc Gulce

    Guvenc Gulce, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Guvenc Gulce

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Guvenc Gulce) stated that:
    You're somewhere in Europe, right? You should be able to pick up a SCART
    cable with female RCA jacks on it, for exactly this sort of purpose. A
    good place to start would be wherever you bought your TV, or a TV repair
    shop.
    3MP & upwards should be fine for that size of print.

    Lionel, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Guvenc Gulce

    Jeff Durham Guest

    You should be able to find a connector adapter that will go from RCA plugs
    to SCART. But as an aside, there are other alternatives to hooking up your
    camera to the TV. You might consider creating a Video CD with your
    snapshots and then play this back on a DVD player connected to your TV. I
    need to do this for myself. I did it a while ago and trying to remember how
    to do that. It may be just a simple matter of burning a CD with the images
    on it or to use Windows XP's movie maker program to create a Video CD.

    Jeff

    Jeff Durham, Jun 15, 2004
  4. I just used the yellow video lead into my VCR and it worked well. Nikon
    5400

    Pittsburgh bound, Jun 15, 2004
  5. Guvenc Gulce

    Guvenc Gulce Guest

    Thanks Lionel,
    I will give a shot to this adapter that you are talking about.. by the
    way.. yes I am in Europe.. :)

    Guvenc Gulce

    Guvenc Gulce, Jun 16, 2004
  6. Guvenc Gulce

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (Guvenc Gulce) stated that:
    Cool. Don't forget to take the camera & cable into the shop when you're
    buying the adapter.
    I've only ever seen SCART connectors on European video equipment, so I
    thought it was a safe bet. ;)

    PS: If your camera is one of those ones that outputs anything that
    appears on the LCD panel straight to the TV, it's really good fun. I do
    that with my 10D sometimes, & people get a big kick out of seeing me
    take a shot, & having it appear immediately on the big TV screen. It's
    also very good for demonstrating photographic techniques to a bunch of
    people.

    Lionel, Jun 16, 2004