Digital camera survives tsunami

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Cynicor, Feb 24, 2005.

  1. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Cynicor, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Cynicor

    Jim Waggener Guest

    Jim Waggener, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Cynicor

    Bubbabob Guest

    And very stupid. They should have been running uphill even before that
    first exposure. What the hell were these people thinking?

    Bubbabob, Feb 27, 2005
  4. They probably thought "Look at what's happening out there. It's
    strange. Let's take a picture of it".

    Lots of people obviously didn't know that the water withdrawing from the
    beach was a sign of a large wave coming soon, or that they were in any
    sort of danger. Would you have known, just from what you saw, given no
    warning through other channels?

    Maybe you would have, but it seems that knowledge is the exception
    rather than the rule.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Feb 27, 2005
  5. Cynicor

    Bubbabob Guest

    Then they're too dumb to be allowed near the water.
    Absolutely. Without a doubt. As soon as the water went out and before
    the wave was visible. Aren't people taught about this in school anymore?
    I was and I lived 800 miles from the nearest ocean.
    It's one of nature's little tricks that over the eons have raised our
    intelligence above that of our amoeboid ancestors. Natural selection at
    work. Unfortunately, these two had already reproduced.

    Bubbabob, Feb 27, 2005