    digital cameras. Where can I find unit sales data of digital cameras?
    Any recommendation is appreciated!

    Cathy

    Cathy Nelson, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Cathy Nelson

    Sorby Guest

    Tell you what Cathy, just give us the address of your college tutor and
    we'll send your homework to him/her direct. ;-)

    Sorby, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Cathy Nelson

    Cambium Guest

    So what's the problem with her question?

    And what difference does it make how she's going to use the
    information?

    She's looking for leads on information that people in this
    group might know so she's asking... what else is this group
    here for?

    Camb

    Cambium, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Cathy Nelson

    Sorby Guest

    Did I say I had a problem with her question?
    I don't for a minute genuinely think she is trying to get us to do her
    homework / research.
    Clearly the subtleties of my quaint British humour (and the obvious smiley)
    are lost on you.

    p.s. You're not of German descent are you?

    --
    Sorby

    Sorby, Feb 27, 2004
  5. Cathy Nelson

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Type your subject line in a search engine. Third return from Google got me
    2003 numbers for digital and film.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Feb 28, 2004
  6. Cathy Nelson

    Cathy Nelson Guest

    Thanks for your understanding. This is not a homework. Instead this is
    part of the research paper I've been working on. I've been trying for
    a couple of weeks to collect this data about digital camera sales but
    no luck on it.

    Cathy

    Cathy Nelson, Feb 28, 2004
  7. Cathy Nelson

    Sorby Guest

    Could you approach the manufacturers individually and ask them for their
    sales figures?

    Good luck

    p.s. I was *joking* about the homework, ok? :eek:)

    Sorby, Feb 28, 2004
  8. Cathy Nelson

    Rick Guest

    That's for sure.. Sales figures are available via companies
    that do industry analysis, and they usually charge an
    unbelieveable amount of money for this data (thousands
    of $).

    Rick

    Rick, Feb 28, 2004
  9. Cathy Nelson

    Dave Guest

    Best place to find that kind of data is from industry associations. Try
    http://www.pmai.org/
    and see if you can get some data straight from the source. -Dave

    Dave, Feb 29, 2004
  10. Cathy Nelson

    Brian Guest

    LOL, good one...

    Brian, Feb 29, 2004
  11. Cathy Nelson

    Cool Hand Guest

    I read computer related magazines all the time. They often quote figures from
    some source and web sites. One of the mag I remember now is "Reseller".

    On 27 Feb 2004 07:35:25 -0800, (Cathy Nelson) wrote:

    =>Hi,
    =>
    =>I'm doing a research on the comparison between traditional cameras and

    Cool Hand, Mar 2, 2004
  12. Cathy Nelson

    Cambium Guest

    Actually, I'm British, but a long way back - we were on one
    of the voyages of the Mayflower.

    Maybe that's why no one gets my jokes either...

    All the best,

    Camb

    Cambium, Mar 4, 2004