    I'd really appreciate any help you could offer a newbie.

    Thanks guys and gals,
    Allan.

    Allan Clarke, Sep 4, 2003

  2. My advice is to stay away from all small distributors. Be careful of vendors
    in the NY Area -- most of them are storefronts or basement operations.
    Exception are 42nd St. Photo and J&R Electronics. The small outlets
    advertise unbelievable prices but will try any trick to rob you. It happened
    three times to me, and I finally got the picture.

    I will gladly pay an extra $20 for electronics that are in the original box
    and where the sales people don't try to screw me.

    adp

    Angelo DePalma, Sep 5, 2003

  3. Allan Clarke

    JC Dill Guest

    Use Froogle:

    <http://froogle.google.com/froogle?price1=400&price2=600&btnP=Go&q=canon+g3&scoring=p&price=between>

    Then research the stores with the lowest prices so that you can avoid
    any that are scammers.
    Not possible for a new G3, they start in the mid-to-high $400s. You
    can get a G2 for ~$380, but then you will have to pay shipping, plus
    there may be customs fees when it is shipped internationally to you.

    It looks like used G2s are in your price range, based on the
    completed auctions for used G2s on eBay:

    <http://search-completed.ebay.com/ws...asicsearch=&sosortorder=2&sorecordstoskip=150>

    You *can* get a decent deal on a used camera off of eBay, I bought an
    Oly E100RS that way. Check the seller's feedback, make SURE they will
    ship to you (most US sellers don't know how to ship overseas and many
    will say that they don't ship overseas in their auctions, but if you
    ask some will do it for you as long as you are willing to pay the cost
    and understand that it can take up to 2-4 weeks for your item to
    arrive), and ask any questions you might have BEFORE bidding.

    Good Luck.

    jc

    JC Dill, Sep 5, 2003
  4. Allan Clarke

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    There a a few more reliable online stores that I buy from but I don't know if
    they ship overseas.

    www.buy.com
    www.pcnation.com
    www.newegg.com

    You also need to remember that
    1. the USA warranty might not be valid in Ireland
    2. that you might have to pay local taxes.
    3. the USA voltage is 110.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Sep 5, 2003