    standard video, but not for something like
    the resolution for an HD TV (1080P). Any ideas?

    Roger

    Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark), Feb 16, 2007

    Bigguy Guest

    AVID HD? Or Discrete Flame/Inferno...

    Guy

    Bigguy, Feb 16, 2007

  3. It's easy with a Macintosh, as all recent models handle HD natively and
    I believe even iMovie and iPhoto can do this. Others will have to fill
    in on the PC side.

    John McWilliams, Feb 16, 2007

    J. Clarke Guest

    The version of Windows Movie Maker in Vista Ultimate is supposed to
    handle HD and has a page-turn dissolve. I don't have ultimate, the
    one in Vista Business only goes to SD quality but does to the dissolve
    nicely.

    J. Clarke, Feb 16, 2007

  5. Thanks all for the info. I'll check out the guys with Macs.
    I didn't get the page turning effect done--we had so many other
    problems and had to complete the project. I ended up writing some
    software that simply copied a line at a time over the image,
    then output a sequence of images. Quicktime pro (only $30) assembled them
    into avi files (1200 x 1600 pixels at 2 GBytes per 12 seconds of video!).
    The size was larger than HDTV, but will get
    downsized to HD. The project was an imaging sequence for
    a Discovery Channel show on the Earth.

    Roger

    Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark), Feb 17, 2007