    me that he does not have the 2950 XL in stock but does have the 2950's
    in stock. What is the difference between these 2 switches?

    Tacobell

    Tacobell, Mar 13, 2007

  2. Huge. The 2950XL is a completely different generation from
    around the time of IOS 11.2 . You *really* don't want the 2950XL
    these days -- not sold, not supported, much slower than the new
    series.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ommand_reference_chapter09186a00800d85e5.html

    Cisco reused similar model numbers for a quite different series
    that includes:

    WS-C2950-12
    WS-C2950-24
    WS-C2950C-24
    WS-C2950G-12-EI (end of sale)
    WS-C2950G-24-EI (end of sale)
    WS-C2950G-24-EI-DC (still sold)
    WS-C2950G-48-EI (end of sale)
    WS-C2950ST-24-LRE
    WS-C2950ST-8-LRE
    WS-C2950SX-24
    WS-C2950SX-48-SI
    WS-C2950T-24 (end of sale)
    WS-C2950T-48-SI

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/index.html

    You may wish to consider the 2960 or 3560 series, such as
    the WS-C3560-24PS, WS_C3560-24TS, WS-C2960-24TC-L, or WS-C2960-24TT-L

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/prod_eol_notice0900aecd804658c9.html

    Walter Roberson, Mar 13, 2007

  3. What's a 2950XL? Never seen one.

    Cisco had some long EOL'd switches, the 2924XL switch line ages ago
    that was pretty popular, but long outdated.

    The 2950 is quite a bit newer, and still supported.

    Doug McIntyre, Mar 13, 2007
  4. If you search cisco.com you will find references to the
    Catalyst 2950XL series, and to the 3550XL series.
    They appear to have existed about the same time as the
    Catalyst 2800 series such as the 2820, 2822, and 2828 (which
    went EOS April 30 1999). (First time I've ever heard of those...)

    Walter Roberson, Mar 13, 2007
  5.
    Doug McIntyre, Mar 13, 2007
  6. Tacobell