    hefty CRTs to the far reaches of the facility and up and down stairs. He's
    also handy for handling PEBKAC issues with bitchy people and cleaning mouse
    balls.

    Spuds, Feb 11, 2006

  2. b.saa

    clot Guest

    You're sure of that? Their cv's were so similar!

    clot, Feb 11, 2006

  3. b.saa

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Oldus Fartus spewed forth:
    lol!

    Toolman Tim, Feb 11, 2006
  4. clot gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Bogota? La Paz?

    The Old Sourdough, Feb 11, 2006
  5. b.saa

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Spuds spewed forth:
    Yeah - that's what I wanted Bill for <g>! Especially the PEBKAC. I had one
    of those go off on me a couple of weeks ago when I was dealing with that
    tooth problem. I got an official reprimand for that one...

    Toolman Tim, Feb 11, 2006
  6. b.saa

    clot Guest

    No. No! Just south of the the City, he said.

    clot, Feb 11, 2006
  7. Nothing south of Sandy Eggo except...uh...hey, I get it. Never mind...

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 11, 2006
  8. b.saa

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    Aw, those Chula Vista people get NO respect...

    Toolman Tim, Feb 11, 2006
  9. Knock it off with the shark fin soup, for starters.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 11, 2006
  10. The other one is taller.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 11, 2006
  11. b.saa

    Spuds Guest

    When they're PEBKAC issues, I usually tell 'em. I've pulled the ID-ten-T line
    on a few of them too. The look on their faces is priceless. I like to live
    dangerously.

    I'm often reminded of the story, likely an urban legend, of a nameless
    WordPerfect helpdesk droid who had one to many idiots. He told them to pack
    up their PC and take it back to the store. "What do I tell them?" the user
    asks. "Tell them you're too f*cking stupid to own a computer."

    Spuds, Feb 11, 2006
  12. b.saa

    Dave Allen Guest

    Spuds,
    It's not an urban legend. I did it in 1986 doing WordPerfect 4.2
    support. It had been a brutal day.<grin>
    Dave

    Dave Allen, Feb 11, 2006
  13. b.saa

    Whiskers Guest

    snip
    :))

    Whiskers, Feb 11, 2006
  14. b.saa

    why? Guest

    LOL, Yes. Sadly though someone called me the 1st on that list the other
    day.

    Me

    why?, Feb 11, 2006
  15. b.saa

    why? Guest

    One thing I can avoid , dealing with PEBKAC's. My managment see that, so
    I help out the other IT staff and they can do the liason bit. If that's
    a problem , then my hardcopy reports of all calls I worked on helps :)
    Me

    why?, Feb 11, 2006
  16. b.saa

    why? Guest

    Had one of those 1990'ish WP 5.1. Delivered a new printer , paper tray
    was long edge feed rather then short edge. The trained PEBKAC HaHaHA!!
    had something like 25 landscape / portrait margin settings in the 1st 15
    typed lines on the page.

    They added a new margin configuration for every 10 lines, what a mess.

    Didn't quite say that at the time, but have done several times since. A
    Couple of times to engineers, that have PC's at home and wondering why
    they thought messing around with thier works PC was a good idea.

    Me

    why?, Feb 11, 2006
  17. b.saa

    Mara Guest

    I have a new PHB who actually has a clue (not about computers, but about how
    important the job is.) So, now I have my own department, and a hefty raise (for
    here, anyway.)

    The document feeder on one of our scanners finally shot craps a couple of weeks
    ago. So, I got them a new scanner, since without the feeder they're pretty much
    lost. It's the only hardware failure I've had - every one of the rest of the
    calls I've gotten are for PEBKACs. My lusers don't even know how to change their
    own wallpaper.

    "This pretty much explains the standard Feeling of Doom(tm) I have when I go to
    work, and why I have to talk myself into it every day."

    Mara, Feb 11, 2006
  18. b.saa

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Mara spewed forth:

    Very much like my life :(

    Toolman Tim, Feb 11, 2006
  19. b.saa

    Margolotta Guest

    Denier? Why's he called that - is he tight? ;o)

    Sorry, bad joke but the best I could do!

    Margolotta, Feb 11, 2006
  20. b.saa

    Spuds Guest

    Spuds, Feb 11, 2006