    Hi would like someone to help me by listing differnt personel in a company
    IT department.
    Thank you for your help.

    b.saa, Feb 10, 2006

  2. b.saa

    The DA Guest

    It's not possible to generalise but in my IT department we have:

    Development
    Project Managers
    Systems Analysts
    Business Analysts
    Analyst/Programmers (developers)
    Testers
    Technical authors
    Support
    Helpdesk technicians
    Support technicians
    Technical speciaists
    Network engineers

    And many more...

    The DA, Feb 10, 2006

  3. b.saa

    John Holmes Guest

    b.saa blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    You sell donuts on some silly street corner, now don't you?

    John Holmes, Feb 10, 2006
  4. b.saa gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    Sure, they're Steve, Marty, Tim, Bill, Mark, Lee, Philip, and Barbara.

    The Old Sourdough, Feb 10, 2006
  5. My pleasure.

    1. Bob
    2. Art
    3. Russell
    4. Tom
    5. Dick
    6. Harry
    7. Marty

    I could go on and on...

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 10, 2006
  6. Sorry, Old. I just hired Marty away from you. He starts here on Monday.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 10, 2006
  7. b.saa

    why? Guest

    The geek,
    The idiots,
    The useless,
    The managers,
    The hopeless,
    The hanger on's,

    Me

    why?, Feb 10, 2006
  8. b.saa

    Parko Guest

    Parko, Feb 10, 2006
  9. b.saa

    Mara Guest

    Hmmm. You seem disgruntled - you must be in IT.

    <g>

    Mara, Feb 10, 2006
  10. b.saa

    Mara Guest

    Me.

    Mara, Feb 10, 2006
  11. b.saa

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    Dang. I'd better up my offer next time. Maybe Bill will work for what I can
    pay...

    Toolman Tim, Feb 10, 2006
  12. b.saa

    clot Guest

    Too late. $3 an hour. No wonder I got him! ;)

    clot, Feb 10, 2006
  13. b.saa

    clot Guest

    Shame on you. Remind me, what's the minimum rate that side of The Pond?
    :)

    clot, Feb 10, 2006
  14. b.saa

    Mara Guest

    Mara, Feb 10, 2006
  15. b.saa

    clot Guest

    clot, Feb 10, 2006
  16. b.saa

    clot Guest

    Nah. Blinky ate him!

    clot, Feb 10, 2006
  17. b.saa

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In clot spewed forth:
    C'mon, man, that's just not fair! Maybe I'll have to offer
    incentives...hmmm...I wonder if my vet still makes house calls...

    Toolman Tim, Feb 11, 2006
  18. b.saa

    clot Guest

    <vbg>

    clot, Feb 11, 2006
  19. b.saa

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In clot spewed forth:

    Hrrmmppppffff. I was wondering what had happened to him. Let's see...what
    other benefits...ummm...nah. I'll start over next week <g>

    Toolman Tim, Feb 11, 2006
  20. b.saa

    Whiskers Guest

    (1) The old bloke in the corner with the long grey beard and odd smell;
    no-one knows what he actually does, but he's been there since the second
    Commodore Pet was paid for by the company (and he still has it running on
    one of the four desks he's managed to take into his little patch). If you
    put a broken component on his front desk on a Friday, there's a good
    chance it will be working by Tuesday when he comes in again (he never
    comes in on Mondays, or before 11 AM, but no-one knows when he goes home -
    or where he lives).

    (2) The one who carries screw-drivers in his shirt pocket and is never
    ever where he was last seen, but who always wins the darts tournament.

    (3) The Australian one who only works in the winter; in the summer he's a
    lifeguard at some beach or other.

    (4) The young woman who never looks you in the eye and whose voice is
    inaudible, but she can build a database system that humans can actually
    use, and writes text-books as a hobby.

    (5) The one with the slick hair and Italian suit who gets called in to
    Management Meetings. He knows absolutely nothing at all about computers
    or networks or IT, but he can blind the management with buzz-words so he
    gets paid twice as much as anyone else in the department and is the only
    one ever to appear in photographs. He can't actually use the PDA he
    carries everywhere to fiddle with; he's playing 'Minesweeper' (badly).

    (6) The one who actually isn't in the IT department at all, but knows more
    about personal computers and Windows and Linux than all of them put
    together so he's the one to ask first if you want any help. The IT
    department do too.

    DISCLAIMER: any resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely
    coincidental. (That's the plight of all IT personnel).

    Whiskers, Feb 11, 2006