    different brands of memory work in my computer? Would I have any problems
    if I do this? Thanks

    -Shawn

    Shawn, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Shawn

    °Mike° Guest

    Maybe, maybe not. Try it and see.

    °Mike°, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    Eh, I can always return it if it don't.

    Shawn, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Shawn

    IC Guest

    It's best to use the same brand memory if possible, but two different
    brands should work as long as the specs are the same. Run this program
    to be sure you won't have any problems after you install it:
    www.memtest86.com

    IC, Dec 19, 2003
  5. Shawn

    CB Guest

    || Hi,
    || I just bought a stick of memory (Kingston 256MB DDR PC2100 RAM). I
    || have a Pavilion 503n with 128MB of memory in it. My question is,
    || will two different brands of memory work in my computer? Would I
    || have any problems if I do this? Thanks
    || -Shawn

    Do a check on the Crucial Website, that tells you if it's compatable.
    99.999999999% correct IMHO.

    CB

    CB, Dec 19, 2003
  6. 2 brands will work as long as they are the same type of ram, (eg,pci
    sdram)doesnt matter who makes it as long as they are both the same type.

    robert andrews, Dec 19, 2003
  7. Shawn

    CB Guest

    || 2 brands will work as long as they are the same type of ram, (eg,pci
    || sdram)doesnt matter who makes it as long as they are both the same
    ||| I just bought a stick of memory (Kingston 256MB DDR PC2100 RAM). I
    ||| have a Pavilion 503n with 128MB of memory in it. My question is,
    ||| will two different brands of memory work in my computer? Would I
    ||| have any problems if I do this? Thanks
    ||| -Shawn

    Wrong! The chip sets have to be the same. Type doesn't come into it, unless
    you mean the chipsets on the Mem modules;-)

    CB

    CB, Dec 20, 2003