    picture sizes, the picture sizes varied from 464 KB to 1941 KB. I did
    not change any settings during taking these pictures. What is the
    explanation for different picture sizes? With thanks.

    zxcvar, May 11, 2004

  2. zxcvar

    Robertwgross Guest

    Were your subjects all the same? No?

    You might want to clarify what you mean by "Best". If it is JPEG, then you must
    understand what JPEG does to the image. It compresses the file by throwing away
    redundant information. So, if you take a picture of a pure blue wall, it will
    be highly compressible and the file size will be smaller. If you take another
    picture of the same wall, but with all kinds of color spots thrown onto it, the
    file will be less compressible and the size will be larger. The more random the
    subject is, the larger the file size will get.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, May 11, 2004

  3. zxcvar

    zxcvar Guest

    Thanks for your reply. Best meant is the highest resolution in that
    camera i.e 5MP. The subjects were all different. With thanks.

    zxcvar, May 12, 2004