    drive is badly defragged! Likewise, if I use Diskeeper, then Windows
    defrag goes cracy defragging the drive. Why the different results
    (extreme)?Thanks

    cygnian, May 9, 2005

  2. cygnian

    nos1eep Guest

    Defragging programs use differing methods to accomplish their task, using
    more than one defrag utility is an exercise in futility.

    nos1eep, May 9, 2005

  3. cygnian

    cygnian Guest

    Understood.....however why the different respective defrag results
    conflict?

    cygnian, May 9, 2005
  4. hi
    some defrags do it by how often the programs are used...ie...the most used
    parts of your most used programs u use on your comp are placed at the
    begining of your drive...
    other ones put your programs in order by the date they were installed etc
    etc etc bla bla bla

    http://freespace.virgin.net/bigun.littleun/, May 9, 2005
  5. cygnian

    cygnian Guest

    Ok, thanks! Now that I think about it, I believe Windows did order
    programs and files in the reference of use. Great! Thanks! I like to
    experiment with programs, and seem to keep coming to the conclusion
    that good old fashioned Windows programs are the best, and there's not
    much need for other programs, depending of course on the person's
    computer, operating system, etc.. This defrag issue is one I could not
    tell much difference between the two utilities as far as
    performance...and your answer explains that too. Many thanks!

    cygnian, May 9, 2005
  6. you are welcome m8 ;-)

    http://freespace.virgin.net/bigun.littleun/, May 9, 2005
  7. cygnian

    petrolhead Guest

    Not much difference ? Diskeeper Lite defrags in minutes and not hours
    and there's no need to close down other programs while defragging - in
    fact I usually play a hand or two of FreecellPro while Diskeeper does
    its stuff.

    petrolhead, May 12, 2005