    walmart.com ( http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...duct_id=1920411&path=0:4096:41938:50746:50750).

    And of course, PBS is selling it "on sale" for $129.98.

    Any ideas? Thanks.

    Mark, Feb 14, 2004

  2. Mark

    Scot Gardner Guest

    <<I'm interested in getting the PBS Gold DVD Collection of Ken Burns'
    "The Civil War". I was wondering if anyone knows if there are different
    versions of this DVD collection, as the price varies significantly.
    Also, when I go to different websites, I see different cover pictures
    (e.g. a cannon, vs. some soldiers).>>

    <<Walmart has it for $89.13 (US) and Borders (via Amazon) has it on
    "sale" for $110.48. And of course, PBS is selling it "on sale" for
    $129.98. Any ideas? Thanks.>>

    Apparently the only differences between the listings you sited is the
    price and maybe the cover.

    According to Home Theater Info's DVD list, _The Civil War: A Film
    Directed By Ken Burns_ was released only once by PBS on 9/17/02. It has
    only one barcode, #794054868920.

    Costco has it for $89.99:

    http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?trg=subcat.asp&catid=631&subid=4202&hierid=4206&log=&NavTop=

    http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/