    Could you help me to understand where are the differences between Cisco 857
    and Cisco 877 routers ??

    Thank you

    Goldrake, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Goldrake

    gray.wizard Guest

    From Cisco's Router Performance PDF:

    Cisco 850 Series Fast/CEF Switching Performance
    10,000 PPS / 5.12 Mbps

    Cisco 870 Series Fast/CEF Switching Performance
    25,000 PPS / 12.80 Mbps

    I think the 870 series also sports a few other niceties in the IOS
    like multiple VLANs.

    Wireless differences may also be a consideration. The 870 series has
    two antennas whereas the 850 series only has one.

    gray.wizard, Jan 30, 2006

  3. Goldrake

    Rob Guest

    Friends don't let friends buy the 850. Get the 870 series. :)

    Rob, Feb 2, 2006