  1. Can you please tell me what significant differences there are
    between the Catalyst 2900 and the 2950 series of switches?

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Fred Atkinson

    SysAdm Guest

    www.cisco.com

    SysAdm, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Fred Atkinson

    Dan Daniels Guest

    Dan Daniels, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Well, I know that the 2950 doesn't support ISL. Are there any
    other differences that are significant?

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Feb 9, 2005
  5. Folks,

    Let's try this one again.

    Someone suggested that I use a Catalyst 2924-XL rather than a
    2950. I was told that I would notice no differences using it to do
    Cisco lab assignments.

    Not being familiar with the 2924 series, I'd like some other
    opinions.

    Would you go with a 2924 for this purpose? Why would you?
    Which of you would not go with this? Why would you not?

    Thanks,

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Feb 10, 2005
  6. Fred Atkinson

    Ben Guest

    Mate, it's all in the feature list. There's a significant amount of
    differences between these two switches, and no-one is very likely to
    explain all the differences when they're freely available on CCO.

    The CCIE course now recommends 3750's I believe. 2924's just aren't
    going to cut it.

    Ben, Feb 10, 2005
  7. But I'm not yet taking CCIE. I'm just finishing up CCNA. The
    2950 will do fine for that. What I want to know is how different the
    2924-XL would be from the 2950. Also, what is the significance of the
    XL suffix?

    Regards,

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Feb 10, 2005
  8. Fred Atkinson

    Ben Guest

    Cool, well you have already been given the means to the answers.

    Ben, Feb 10, 2005