    W-LAN Access-Point, doch wir wissen nun nicht was der Unterschied
    zwischen 'offen' und 'gemeinsam' bei der WEP-Verschlüsselung ist...

    Dankeschön..

    Michael van den Berg, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Michael van den Berg

    Jeff Guest

    Short answer is that open is less likely to reveal your key to a snooper
    than shared. Shared was designed to be more secure, but it has a serious
    flaw that can reveal your key to a snooper even more easilly than open.

    So, use open if you are using WEP, or use WPA a VPN, other security, or a
    combination if you want more robust security.

    Jeff, Aug 18, 2004