    Not by simple execution of it and looking at the processes running but by
    inspecting its structure, header or ...
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 10, 2006

  2. I would assume, the header - yes!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 10, 2006

  3. Tony Sperling, Jul 10, 2006
  4. Ah-, here it is!

    http://dependencywalker.com/

    This is the latest version of a tool that comes along on your Windows CD - I
    remember this as a 'Console' or DOS-Box program, I had no idea they went
    graphical.

    This might be what you are looking for.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 10, 2006
  5. Hello,
    You can also use filever which ships in the support.cab to determine this>
    913111 How to use the Filever.exe tool to obtain specific information about
    a file in Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;913111

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Tony Sperling" <>
    <Subject: Re: Difference between x86 and x64 EXE's
    <Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:41:39 +0200
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <This might be what you are looking for.
    <
    <
    <Tony. . .
    <
    <
    <<> Here's some header information from aug. 2004:
    <>
    <> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q65122
    <>
    <> There is a download - line 11 - that generates a TXT file with the same
    <> information.
    <>
    <> Tony. . .
    <>
    <>
    <> <> > I would assume, the header - yes!
    <> >
    <> > Tony. . .
    <> >
    <> >
    <> > <> > > Is there any way to tell whether an exe file ix x86 or x64?

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jul 10, 2006
  6. You've done it again, Darell - amazing little thing!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 10, 2006
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest