    why would you choose one over the other?

    Thanks

    Nathan

    Sammy, Jul 18, 2007

  2. You might not have enough flash to hold the full SDM on the router,
    while the SDM Express version is pretty basic, theoritically smaller?

    On the newest routers that have 128M CF cards, its not so much an issue.

    On older routers where that may be 32M?

    Doug McIntyre, Jul 18, 2007

  3. Sammy

    Ian Wilson Guest

    I don't have a list of differences but, in case its not obvious, SDM
    Express has far fewer features than SDM and therefore cannot be used to
    manage anything beyond a fairly simple configuration. For example, IIRC
    VPN management is not in SDM Express.
    Another reason might be that SDM loads faster from a PC than it does
    from the router. If I load SDM from my router, I get asked for username
    and password three times. If I load it from a desktop icon I only get
    asked once. It may be that I've got it set up wrong of course.

    Ian Wilson, Jul 18, 2007