    Greetings! What are the difference between CX and LS series of cameras
    and which are the better buys for point and shoot? Does the picture
    quality varies between them? With thanks.

    zxcvar, Oct 26, 2004

  2. zxcvar

    Ron Hunter Guest

    The CX line is aimed at the basic point and shoot crowd, while the DX
    and LS series are for more experienced photographers who want more
    creative control, at a higher price level.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 27, 2004

  3. zxcvar

    Justin Thyme Guest

    CX = Basic camera, Kodak lens, fairly slow shutter response, minimal
    controls, AA batteries (no charger included)
    DX=Advanced Camera, Schneider Lens, fast shutter response, plenty of
    controls over shooting, Li Ion rechargeable battery, charger included
    LS=Lifestyle Series - slimline and stylish. Schneider Lens, Li ion battery &
    charger, fast shutter response, more control over camera than CX range but
    not as much as DX.
    CX is aimed at budget home market
    DX is aimed at the advanced amateur who wants more
    LS is aimed at people who want more than CX and who value the look of the
    camera.

    Justin Thyme, Oct 27, 2004
  4. zxcvar

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings zxcvar,

    Sorry I was not here for the last week or so, was on another project for a
    short time.

    Good question about our cameras though, zxcvar, as there is a real
    difference. Kodak has separated its cameras in three groups CX, DX, and LS.
    CX, the 1st group, is for Point-and-shoot simplicity that lets you start
    shooting right out of the box. DX, the 2nd Group, relates more to high
    performance features that gives you more creative control so you can adjust
    your exposures for just the shot you want. LS, the 3rd Group, is where
    high-tech meets style. They include many features all in a sleek metallic
    package.

    These references are shared on our website at the following URL. Check them
    out for a full review.

    http://www.kodak.com/go/digitalcameras

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird