    there a huge difference in sound quality here?
    Thanks
    John

    johnj7777, Jun 22, 2006

  2. johnj7777

    Tonester Guest

    Yes, quite huge. 2.0 is stereo only, 5.1 is 6 discrete digital channels. If
    you have a 5.1 system you want the 5.1 version.

    Tonester, Jun 22, 2006

  3. Just as a further nudge, I'm sure you'll kick yourself in the future
    for not getting the 5.1 set. Decoder/amplifiers are getting less
    expensive all the time, and I'm sure the day will come sooner than you
    think that you'll buy one!

    Heinrich Galland, Jun 22, 2006
  4. johnj7777

    Rich Clark Guest

    I believe HBO has released this show in 5.1 from the beginning. A set
    offering only 2.0 is probably a bootleg.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Jun 22, 2006
  5. johnj7777

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    The 2.0 set is a bootleg. The 5.1 set probably is too if you're shopping
    on eBay.

    Joshua Zyber, Jun 22, 2006