    connection?

    Thanks
    Chris

    Chris in OZ, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Chris in OZ

    Hapee Guest

    The 2932 is a 1000BaseT non-GBIC copper gig interface for the 29xxM
    (modular) series, the 5483 is Cisco's first generation 1000BaseT GBIC,
    intended for use in a selected number of switches with GBIC slots.

    If you have one of each, they can talk to each other (no need for a
    crossover cable!)
    If you want to connect a PC with a gig interface to the 2932 of 5483: fine.

    The 2931 module is a gigabit module for the 29xxM series. You use in with a
    WS-G5484 of 5486 fiber GBIC to provide gigabit over fiber.

    Hans

    Hapee, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Chris in OZ

    Chris in OZ Guest