Did I buy the wrong Repeater Bridge for my Wireless Notebook? - Buffalo AirStation WLA-G54C)?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Arawak, Dec 20, 2003.

  1. Arawak

    Arawak Guest

    From my manhattan hotel room, I can see many, many connections as
    available wireless networks, many of which are public access hotspots.
    I can log on periodically but the connections drops frequently due to
    distance. After reading an excellent review of the AirStation G54
    (WLA-G54C), I puchased one and tried configuring it while at home
    where I have 2 other computers on a wireless network.
    After configuring the AirStation via it's LAN IP address and sepping
    up WEP password, the instruction said I needed to reset and add the
    WEP password again. Well, I wasn't able to even connect to the
    AirStation's IP address again and called support. The tech was not
    able to get me connected again and in his frustration also mentioned
    that I had purchased the wrong product when I mentioned why I bought
    it. He said this Repeater Bridge required that I know the MAC address
    etc of any other networks I intended to connect to and instead, I
    should go and buy the Buffalo Ethernet Converter (WLI-TX1-G54) and he
    would also recommend purchasing their wireless card antenna
    (WLI-CV-G54a) and probably the PCCard as well as it may not work with
    my Orinoco card (recently purchased and accepts external antennas).
    I need advise so I do not buy another product that I do not need. I
    guess I need to return the Repeater Bridge?

    Thanks,
    Arawak

    Arawak, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Arawak

    wanita Guest

    In
    <snip>

    In a Manhattan hotel room and *you want to play with a computer? ach!!

    wanita, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Arawak

    gangle Guest

    gangle, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Arawak

    Gazwad Guest

    Just Me wrote:
    || Yeah and You can do that with out taking mind altering drugs - see
    || little green men in the infrared spectrum -that is !

    You cannot be talking from experience, it seems you have no mind to alter.

    --
    Gazwad

    Freelance scientist and people tester.
    Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp
    Moderator: alt.warez.uk

    Gazwad, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Arawak

    Just Me Guest

    And You don`t know what You are talking about either- think that over .

    Just Me, Dec 20, 2003
  6. Arawak

    Gazwad Guest

    Just Me wrote:

    || And You don`t know what You are talking about either- think that
    || over .

    So how are those emptihead altering drugs then?

    Gazwad, Dec 20, 2003
  7. Arawak

    Just Me Guest

    Great , You want some ?

    Just Me, Dec 20, 2003
  8. Arawak

    Caenogenesis Guest

    Just Me wrote:
    ||| So how are those emptihead altering drugs then?
    || Great , You want some ?

    No, I'm still on the mind altering ones, thanks anyway.

    Caenogenesis, Dec 20, 2003
  9. Arawak

    Arawak Guest

    I'm from NY plus I'm a flight attendant. I'm there for over 30hrs
    every week. ;-)

    Arawak, Dec 20, 2003