    This morning it connected all right.

    Did anyone else get the same, or was it just this computer?

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Nov 28, 2008

  2. Geopelia

    bugalugs Guest

    I had a similar problem--same time in Tauranga. So your computer's OK

    bugalugs, Nov 28, 2008

  3. Geopelia

    Carnations Guest

    Interestingly, Telecom's website is down "for maintenance" until 2pm
    today, so I can't check their published network status.

    Carnations, Nov 28, 2008
  4. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thank you. So it wasn't me, that's a relief.

    I just got error 691 access denied. user name or password invalid. I retyped
    the password.
    When xtra has these problems, why don't they show up on their phone message?
    Then we would all know.

    What is wrong with xtra these days? They used to be quite good, especially
    the Help people.
    I'm thinking of changing after Christmas, but it involves telling so many
    people my new email address.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Nov 28, 2008
  5. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Let's hope the maintenance people can fix all the problems.

    Geopelia, Nov 28, 2008
  6. Geopelia

    Carnations Guest

    They _can_. The better question is *will* they. :eek:)

    Carnations, Nov 28, 2008
  7. Geopelia

    Carnations Guest

    Because that would show they genuinely cared about their customers?

    In my experience the only time Telecom/Xtra has ever been any good is
    when I've needed business related service on behalf of my employer.

    For domestic related service... Telecom/Xtra is one of the most appalling
    service organisations that I've ever had the misfortune to have to deal
    with.

    If I had the power to do it I would legislate Telecom out of existence
    and replace it with a new corporation with high quality customer service
    as it's primary driving target.

    alas I don't ever see that happening. :eek:(

    Carnations, Nov 28, 2008
  8. Geopelia

    Carnations Guest

    Telecom must be doing something with its internal infrastructure, as its
    main website is also down.

    Its admin staff are so clueless that http://www.telecom.co.nz doesn't
    even give an outage notice.

    Whereas http://telecom.co.nz does, as follows:

    BEGIN QUOTE:
    ===========
    Website maintenance

    Unfortunately the www.telecom.co.nz website is unavailable right now as
    we are upgrading our system between the hours of 08:00 and 14:00pm 29
    November.

    We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

    If you have any queries during this time
    Residential customers can call us on 123 or email us. Business customers
    can call us on 126 or email us.

    © Copyright Telecom 2007
    =========
    END QUOTE

    Interesting that Telecom has even been so stupid as to copyright its
    "website maintenance" notice.

    Carnations, Nov 28, 2008
  9. Geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    The "Network Status" pages / phone sections are always completely useless
    because actually having all the real problems listed there would make the
    company seem as incompetent as they really are. ihug / Vodafone do the exact
    same thing - their Network Status page says "no problems", and yet some Mac
    users can not log on via dial-up, sending files is near hopeless (email
    attachments, FTP uploads, etc. all slow down to a crawl and then time out,
    requiring multiple tries and logging off and on again) - both of these are
    long term ongoing problems that they refuse to fix.

    The added problem is that the droids on the Help Desk also use that same
    useless system to check for any problems, so when you phone up to say
    something is wrong they blindly say there is nothing wrong because the
    Network Status page says so. :-\

    Telescum / Xtra wins the "worst" title, but only just beats islug / Vodafone
    because Telescum has that appallingly useless "voice recognition" system on
    their phone line. :-(

    Your Name, Nov 28, 2008
  10. Geopelia

    Matty F Guest

    My modem status light showed an error so I went to bed.
    Xtra popmail has just started working again, although their webmail
    has been working all morning. Well, I'm getting spam anyway :)

    Matty F, Nov 28, 2008
  11. Geopelia

    Tony in Oz Guest

    I heard on Radio hauraki news this morning (listening online from
    Aussie) that there was a huge telecom fault in one of the Auckland exchanges
    last night, and they were still fixing it this morning. Knocked thousands of
    people off their broadband.

    Tony in Oz, Nov 28, 2008
  12. Southern Kiwi, Nov 29, 2008
  13. Geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    I had to phone Xtra on Monday and they don't have the stupid thing,
    thankfully, just the normal "press 1", etc.

    Your Name, Dec 3, 2008