    Anyway, I wonder how many others got burned on that deal.

    Thanks,
    --Dan

    dg, Apr 19, 2005

  2. dg

    Isaiah Beard Guest

    I would have to say it's probably the fault of the website owner
    (vonage-promotion.com isn't run by Vonage, but by an affiliate trying to
    rack up refereral income) for not making it clear that the offer only
    applies to Canadian users.

    Of course this doesn't help you now, but generally if you find a current
    Vonage user (like myself), he or she can refer you, and you would then
    get the second month free if use the referral invitation e-mail they
    send to you. Likewise, the existing user gets a credit towards a future
    bill for referring you.

    I haven't actually referred anyone yet (though if anyone's interested in
    giving it a shot, by all means let me know :) ), but those who have say
    that they do get the credit as promised, and the referred customer
    likewise gets their free second month as promised.

    Isaiah Beard, Apr 19, 2005

  3. dg

    dg Guest

    I should have posted this link:
    https://secure.vonage.com/vonage-subscribe/index.htm?refer_id=npev311e2o6nvp79pee1

    Which IS on the vonage site. I emailed Vonage after my phone call and told
    them that I thought it was shady to deny me the free month of service that
    was part of the offer when I signed up. They credited my account for a
    month of service and said that it IS a valid US offer.

    So in the end, I didn't get burned after all.

    --Dan

    dg, Apr 19, 2005