    Something happened by using ACDSee and I'm not sure what.

    Any help???

    Gary

    baker1, Jan 20, 2006

  2. baker1

    baker1 Guest

    OK, one thing that definitly changed is the "Type" in Explorer. It's
    now shown as FILE not JPEG Image.

    How do I change these back, so XP can make thumbnails? ACDSee has no
    problems viewing these.

    Gary

    baker1, Jan 20, 2006

  3. baker1

    baker1 Guest

    OK, and one more thing, I changed the names with a "." for dates.
    like:

    Motorcycle Yosemite 1.3.2003 ## (where the ## is the series number)

    I think the "." (dot) messed things up. Maybe XP now sees this as a
    file instead of jpg?

    Gary

    baker1, Jan 20, 2006
  4. baker1

    John H Guest

    I can't really follow what you are saying but is it possible
    you left off the jpg file extension in renaming?

    John H

    John H, Jan 20, 2006
  5. baker1

    Crash Gordon Guest

    dont use dots in file names

    Crash Gordon, Jan 20, 2006
  6. baker1

    baker1 Guest

    Right, but now, how do I turn them back. I believe the issue is that
    the computer thinks the file is .jpg.001 and it's confused. ACDSee
    won't allow me to change a batch without refering to the original name
    and "." extention. I can rename it simply, one by one, but even then,
    it doesn't change it back to a JPEG Type file.

    baker1, Jan 20, 2006
  7. baker1

    John H Guest

    Use the batch rename making a template "whatever###.jpg"
    ACDSee doesn't stop you from typing in anything you want. At least I
    have never encountered any problem in that regard. It sounds like you
    are just missing something in the renaming dialogue. Dots are allowed
    in file names. It's just what's after the last one that counts.

    John H, Jan 20, 2006
  8. baker1

    Crash Gordon Guest

    I don't use ACDsee anymore, but maybe try (on a few first) batch renaming
    them without an extension, if that works then rename again with the proper
    extension. I'm pretty sure I've done this with IrFanview before...actually
    maybe just try IrFanview directly instead of ACDsee.

    Crash Gordon, Jan 20, 2006
  9. baker1

    baker1 Guest

    Gary

    I screwed it up. Called ACDSee (great people) and fixed everything. I
    created file names incorrectly and batch changed them back to .jpg.

    Gary

    baker1, Jan 20, 2006
  10. baker1

    Mark² Guest

    Thanks for the follow-up.
    Many folks have an issue...ask for help...and then are never heard from
    again...
    Nice to hear the resolution...

    Mark², Jan 21, 2006
  11. baker1

    baker1 Guest

    No problem. I've found most of these groups (cooking and others) very
    helpful. A flame or two along the way, but that's part of it.

    I'm soon to purchase CS2...I'm sure I'll be posting questions then :)

    baker1, Jan 21, 2006