    My Domain Controllers are Windows Server 2003. My laptops are Windows XP
    Pro SP2.

    Thanks, Jason

    crikan, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Eric Cross [MVP], Jun 20, 2005

  3. The ability to block wireless access to machines connected to your domain is
    not a feature of Wireless Group Policy. Currently this feature can
    configure wireless settings for domain members on a per SSID basis but it
    does not prohibit users from adding another wireless network to the list and
    connecting to that network

    Jim Seifert [MSFT], Jun 20, 2005
  4. crikan

    crikan Guest

    Thanks Jim, that's what I was afraid of.

    Does anyone have any ideas of a script that could disable the wireless
    network adapter when they login and then enable it when they logoff?

    crikan, Jun 20, 2005
  5. This is a tough one since there are a number of third party services and
    applications that can be used for wireless connectivity and a few devices
    that don't identify themselves as wireless to the OS. You could disable the
    Windows Wireless Zero Configuration Service at login and then enable it at
    login. "Net stop wzcsvc" then "Net start wzcsvc". This would prevent users
    who are not local admins from using Windows wireless. This would not block
    third party wireless nor would it prevent local administrators from starting
    the service.

    Jim Seifert [MSFT], Jun 21, 2005